Was wondering when Allie is due her annual vaccines? With this pandemic and your office being closed for awhile. Now that your open , could you check when Allie is due for her physical. Thank you.
Hello Dr. Magnifico!
I found you on YouTube! I wanted to tell you how wonderful I think it is that you are going above and beyond to help pet owners worldwide!
I have a 4 year old female cat named boots. For over a year now, she has been having pretty severe coughing attacks daily. I have taken her to multiple vets that can’t tell me what’s going on. I have heard both upper and lower respiratory conditions could be involved. We got a chest X ray 2 weeks ago and it came back negative. Tried asthma medicine with no help. Tried an antibacterial in case it was an infection, and only very mild relief. Using 5mg Zyrtec daily has some relief. My vet suggests it may be nasopharyngeal polyps. I visited your page and saw your video removing these polyps in a cat, and the symptoms I have found for polyps don’t seem to quite match Boots. She doesn’t have a snorting sound while breathing, but her breathing is sometimes audible at rest. I am very fearful to proceed with further testing or procedures because I don’t want to spend so much money without knowing the problem will be fixed. Any suggestions?! THANK YOU!!
My dog has a seroma on her abdomen after surgery 2 weeks ago for hiatus hernia. It is starting to reduce in size, now about tennis ball size and she is very well.
She is desperate to exercise, are we OK to take her on walks and for how long? We usually walk her 1-2 hours a day.
Anyone know whether half a Xyzal tablet would be okay to give a kitty? (My spouse says “It’s the same as Zyrtec minus one stereo isomer,” whatever that means.) We currently give him half a Zyrtec when he gets super itchy, and it helps. Reason we are wondering is we have a huge bottle of Xyzal but no more Zyrtec.
He is treated monthly for fleas, does not go outside, and we’ve tried every way we can think of to help him other than meds. But sometimes he still scratches so much he makes his ears bleed, poor guy. The meds help him a lot.
Hi Christine Remines here. Sampson’s ears were bothering him so we cleaned them. They were dry and itchy so I put some dog nose moisturizer on them. Now they are swollen like they may have hematoma. Emergency vets on your answering machine … one has an 8-9 hour wait and the other isn’t seeing patients what should I do?
Good afternoon, I have a 3 years old cat, neutered male. Last Monday he had an obstruction, I went to ER, could not afford to hospitalize him, therefore, they just unblocked him and we went home with meds. 6 days later my cat became more alive, however, he is using litter box frequently and producing small amounts of urine. My question is- is this because of the medications that he cannot hold it and empties it little by little or is this because he is getting blocked again? Current medications are Buprenorphine, prazosin, gabapentin. Also, because he has not been hospitalized for 2 days, does that mean I have to try to find someone who will keep him on fluids for 2 days or there is a chance he can recover?
Hello!! I found Dr Krista’s YT vid (Stripes the cat re nasal polyps) while researching my kitty’s condition. I have had Percy out to Pet ER w. initial thick mucus that became tinged w. a bit of blood. He was prescribed Doxy to treat the infection… it wasn’t until during the course of treatment that he began the “snoring” at which point I rushed him back to Pet ER. Having limited funds and no experience w. these issues ever before, I opted for Labs (figuring that would be a start). Unfortunately, the results did not “tell me anything unusual” and I am not a vet. It was then that I learned about these polyps … and I feel confident that this could be what Percy is suffering from (unless there may be a foreign object obstructing his airway). At this point I have no dx!! I’ve been on the veterinary roller-coaster ride trying to determine the best course of action between my local vet (Dundalk Animal Hosp), Pet ER or another vet altogether… at this point not knowing the cause of his breathing issue or how much the costs may be… I guess I can understand why “estimates” can’t be given … I am just trying to determine the LESS COSTLY route and there seems to be no clear answer. My head is spinning and I want the best for Percy and to NOT have to lose him, that’s the bottom line… my heart is hurting as this was so unexpected!! Would it be possible to fit Percy into the clinic’s busy schedule ASAP?? I called this morning and was told that Monday is already full. Emily advised to reach out on Pawbly … I also sent a pm on FB.
I really need help, I cared for 2 cats last year both former strays, one Main Coon mix w. Hypercardiomyopathy and the other cancer of his paw which was eating away. Both these babies tore my heart in 2 but I did what I had to until it was time to journey on RIP… we had a family of 6 at that time along w. my deceased uncle’s dog. My Care Credit card was easily almost maxed out… my boys and I are pitching in together as many ways as possible for Percy. He is the last of our most recent feline family and I do NOT EVER want to stop caring for animals!! Thank you for my restored faith in humanity!! ~Love~ Shelley & Percy
My cat died outside the house with blood in her mouth. And I touched and look for any marks or injuries. There’s no mark she was hit by a car, or someone hit her. And she is not going to any other house. Please, someone, say it’s a natural cause. I was thinking about this whole day. I’m stressed because of this. I worried that someone did something to her. She lived with us for 13 years.
A few days ago she couldn’t eat and vomited time by time. So we took her to the vet, and they gave saline and a few injections. She was fine after that.
The only thing that happened is before she died, she sneezed continuously at night and morning when she is sleeping with me.
I can try to make up my mind if this is due to natural causes.
I have a 8 week year old kitten he’s very active until today my daughter accidentally jumped on his back right leg he’s been limping and crying when touched but still walks on it without meowing he’s still playful and eats he will lay down more then usual and sleeps more often then usual as well should I make a splint for him or go to the hospital does it seem broken
I have an 8 year old English bulldog that has to have 2 teeth in his upper jaw extracted. Are you able to give me an estimate as to how much it would be?