Can nasal polyps be seen on a head x-ray?
Our 9 month old boxer is scheduled for a neuter just before he turns 11 months old. A lot of boxer forums have recommended waiting until male boxers hit 18 months so they don’t miss out of their growing hormones. Just wondering if it’s worth the wait. Simba is definitely a more well behaved pup at 9 months than he was at 5 months. Calms down more easily, isn’t as hyper all of the time. Any input would be appreciated!
Hello. My vet suspects my cat has one or more nasal polyps. I’ve been going through this process of getting towards his surgery for a while. The vet told us he has a heart murmur, but only a grade 1 out of 6, I brought him to a 2nd vet and they said his heart sounds great, I went back to the first vet and they looked at him again and the doctor said he has a murmur and even his vet tech looked over it and didn’t hear it the first time and the doctor had to tell her where to listen and she finally heard it. They said we would need some test on his heart before during surgery to make sure his heart doesn’t fail while under anesthesia. I got an x-ray done of his heart which came back fine and i also got blood test done which came back fine. The test he got were included in the basic wellness screen. I’m thinking he has a intermittent heart murmur because of his heart rate going up due to stress of being in the car and at the vet. The vet is still telling me i can have an echocardiogram done to be really sure his heart is really fine. That’s another $390 on top of the $500 i’ve already spent and i just can’t afford it. I believe if 2 vets could simply look over it, and it’s only a grade 1/6, and the test and x-rays came back fine so far, he should be good… right? Well another thing is they don’t know how many polyps he has or where exactly they’re located, we asked for a throat/head xray and they told us they can only do it if he’s under anesthesia first. They are adding on so much stuff i feel like he doesn’t even need and gave us a price estimate from $450-$1,500. We asked the other vet and they said they can do a head x-ray, but they don’t even know if the procedure of removing the polyps is even anything they can do, and he might have to go to a specialist. Can the polyps for sure be seen on the x-rays because i really don’t want to waste any more money on something that doesn’t even help get down to the problem. I’m thinking i can just skip over the echocardiogram because it doesn’t seem it’s really needed, i get an x-ray of his head, find the size, how many, and where the polyps are located, then get a real price estimate. Can someone please answer my questions or give any advice! Thanks:)
Hi i have a question i was wondering if the distemper/parvovirus vaccine sold with tractor supply store is the same vaccine you guys use on dogs? Is it effective? Have you ever seen any problems? Please give me your honest opinion about vaccinating pets at home? Ive never done this before and probally never will but im just curious i have a family member that does this with his dogs and gives goat dewormer to his dogs
Hi everyone this is my grandpas furbaby hes elderly and this dog is 13 years old recently i took her to the er because she wouldnt eat and we was so shocked to find out her teeth are in horrible condition the doctor told us she needs a few pulled out but unfortunately due to financial problems my grandpa cant afford the surgery does anyone know a veterinarian hospital thata a low cost in the baltimore area im gonna post a picture of the estimate she needs this done asap we know that right now shes on tramadol and clavamox and shes eating but only wet food also not to long ago she had a tooth that fell out again this isnt my dog its my grandpa’s eldrly baby any advice would be appreciated thank you
Hello. My 16 year old female burmese “crashed” Feb 29, and March 2nd was diagnosed with Feline Lower Urinary Disease and Chronic Kidney Disease.
Her Kidney values are now stable and her only elevated numbers are Creatanine at 2.6 and Bun at 46
but her bladder keeps flaring up
When diagnosed she was shooting projectile urine. Her bladder wall was thickened. Covenia did nothing but Amoxycillin resolved the infection.
2 months later she had a couple of accidents and it appeared that she had another infection. Once again Amoxycillin worked! She had a culture done and it showed no bacteria..
She has been taking supplements Kidney Gold, and Moxxor Fish Oil since April, and started CBD oil around June
Late July I started her on D-Mannose and COrn Silk Extract as suggested in the FLUTD facebook group
last month she started peeing blood clots, Vet instructed me to give her Sub Q 100ml to flush her and start amoxycilin immediately.. 7 day course and she was fine, but 2 days after the course finished was a repeat episode.
This time the vet suggested a higher dose at 1ml morning and night for 10 days.. Well it seemed to work amazing but last night was exactly FIVE DAYS after stopping the amoxycillin and she had another episode
We are doing a third round of antibiotics, this time amoxy mixed with something stronger..
He asked me to stop the corn silk and D-Mannose completely since they were the newest added to the regeme and he is wondering if they could have changed her bladder PH for the negative.
How can I minimize the recurrence?
Oh I have read all about stress being the cause and my new born baby was 4 months old at the end of Feb when Tashee had her first crash.
My vet and I talked about future possibilites in regard to Amitriptaline, Gaberpenton, Adequan injections
Cat’s diet = she refuses any wet food besides kitten fancy feast.. she will not eat anything else and will starve herself.
She is offered 2 fancy feast cans per day
she does steal dry kibble so my vet told me to get the Royal Canin Kidney kibble so that when she eats kibble its good for her
Sub q is 150ml twice a week as to minimize the pressure or force on urethra.
Cat is 100% indoors, burmese female steralized
Hi Can you please help me with a puppy crate question?
Our now almost 12 wk old golden puppy has been crated at night for 3 weeks and he is still up every hour crying..
I let him cry for about 20 min at most and he usually falls back to sleep but then wakes up again an hour later..
I will take him out only once a night (for a very boring and quick trip outside to potty) if the crying
lasts longer than about 25 min
Because I’m Exhausted… I finally caved and moved him into our bedroom in the crate (where our older dog sleeps on a dog bed) and he has slept through the night for the last three nights…
But….I hear him panting and moving around all night so I can’t sleep!
Is it okay to put crate in the basement where I won’t be able to hear him and just let him cry it out?
I’ve never had this problem with previous puppies…
Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated!
Hi i was wondering what a good dog food is for liver problems my dog was diagnosed with a high liver enzyme and she cant digest regular dog food due to severe diarrhea so ive been making her food myself everyday i boil chicken, rice, parsley, carrots, cauliflower and mash it up and she loves it and we dont have any problems with diarrhea however it gets exhausting and becomes alot of work im looking for a new food that would be good for her even if its a perscription diet im sure i can get approval i love my dog and want whats best for her shes old shes around 12 years old, but yes we dont know whats caused her liver problems i think its old age i use to have her on casars wet dog food and she kept diarrhea and i tried a few other foods for her as well and had no luck i even tried grain free and that didnt help either its frustrating cause at one point she had diareah for a few weeks and i didnt know why i took her to our local hospital a few minutes away and they ran tests and gave her metronidazole finally when i took her off the food she stopped sorry for this long post i just wanted to give all the information to figure out the best food for my baby so i can orser it for her or if you know a brand i can buy over the counter thats good please let me know
My cat has been constipated since Wednesday, we noticed afterwards he couldn’t urinate and had a few droplets of blood. He threw up wouldn’t eat or drink water. We took him to the emergency room yesterday. It was to expensive for a 48 hours stay, so we opted for 24 hour stay where they monitored him; he was on fluids and sedated him for the unblockage. He was catheterized on Saturday and was removed today (Sunday). He’s home but still straining a bit to poop and pee. I don’t know if this is normal. They didn’t prescribe me anything just change his diet (they gave me some food) and his urine samples to take to my vet for check up. Is there any recommendations to give to my cat? Or take him to the vet. It’s expensive for as it is now with paying for 1k for him and I can’t afford another unblockage. Is there anything that will dissolve the crystals (the emergency doc said he has that but still gave me urine sample to take to his clinic).
I contacted Long Island Spay & Neuter they referred me to Grady Animal Hospital in Long Island. And he is staying there for 48 hours. Taking Jimmy back to the vet was the right choice. Praying everything will be ok.
I took my cat to the vet on Saturday and he had a urinary blockage. They unblocked him and placed a catheter and sent us home with the catheter in place. On Monday morning they removed the catheter and told me just to monitor him and feel his bladder. They sent me home with Prazosin Hydrochloride, Metacam, and Buprenorphine. For the past 3 days he has been urinating on the floor, table, and bed. His urine is still bloody. He is urinating but only a small amount every time. He is also licking his genitals often. I hope he gets back to normal soon.