We recently got a 5 month old Great Dane. She was in several homes before we got her. She wants nothing to do with us and after 4 days of working with her she refuses to go outside and growls when I come near her, but she continues to lay down. She will not take treats from me either. I want to try to make this work but don’t know how to gain her trust. I’ve tried setting and talking to her.. ignoring her… positive reinforcement.. petting her when she comes up to me but all she wants to do tonight is lay there and growl at me. I would love some help and don’t think I can wait to get a trainer to come.
Our 12 year old tabby is very sick. On Sunday, when petting her, I noticed that she seemed like she’d lost weight (she’s very small to begin with). On Monday she didn’t seem to be eating much, on Tuesday she was breathing heavily and sleeping in odd places. Today she was walking funny, we took her to our vet who gave her an X-ray and told us that she has fluid around her lungs and diagnosed her with lymphoma. She gave her a shot of steroids and said that if, within 24 hours, there was an improvement, then the cancer may be treatable with steroids. The vet told us that she had a 50/50 chance. After coming home and doing some research, I don’t think this is true. I don’t want my kitty to suffer and wondering if I should seek a second opinion.
I just read a post on a dog forum I’m in regarding doing titer testing before giving vaccinations to find out if they are really needed and that over vaccinating can be bad for our pets especially smaller pets. Should I discuss this with my vet before getting vaccines for my almost 9 yr old small breed dog? I thought I was doing the best thing for my pet…I just don’t know what to believe anymore.
So we stumbled upon a 2 yr old puggle who was going to be surrender to the Humane Society. We were told that she is being treated for a UTI but was very healthy. The owners were keeping her in a cage for 12-15 hrs which would definitely cause the UTI. So we asked around and found a family member in NY that was willing to take her. Long story short, we took her to NY and got her a check up. She doesn’t only have a UTI but also a huge stone in her bladder which needs to be removed surgically. My mother in law cannot afford this surgery being on a fixed income. Being the owner of 5 of my own pets, I cannot afford it either. But we don’t want this sweet dog going back to the owner or shelter. Can you recommend somewhere that would consider doing pro-bono or discounted work for rescue pets? We plan on bringing her back to Maryland tonight.