I have a Labrador I don’t know if she is pregnant she has excessive barking because sometimes we put her in the garage and she has her house there and she sleeps with my boy dog golden retriever the point is that I don’t know if Labrador is prevent and I really wan to place a barking collar on her but we don’t want that to get in the way of her puppies she might have but we don’t know if she is pregnant
3 year old golden retriever with spontaneous bump on his face. Was pink and raised but he has now broke it open a bit (scabbed over now)… he doesn’t seem to be bothered by it, no itching, no change in appetite and overall his happy self. Any idea on what this could be?
My 2 year old male Golden Retriever developed this growth on his head a little over 2 months ago. Now it has grown significantly and looks worse. I have attached 2 photos. Any ideas?
My almost 3 year old black lab/ golden retriever has a slight limp. It’s his back right leg. I don’t see anything in between his pads and he doesn’t seem to yelp when I rub on his leg. He has a slight knot, loose not attached to his leg below his thigh kinda. We went camping over the Memorial Day holiday and he did a lot of running and swimming, I’m hoping he’s just sore or pulled something and it will heal. My other concern is he was tested for Lymes before and it came back positive that he had came in contact with a tick but wasn’t infected to where he needed treated. He goes to the vet Monday for trimming and hotspots but I’m hoping the vet can get us in today. Makes me sad seeing him not put all his weight on it, but doesn’t seem to be in pain. What are your thoughts?
My otherwise healthy 3 yr old female dachsund began exhibiting odd behavior about a month ago. She stops whatever activity she is engaged in and lies down on the floor and simply bobs her head. She will not respond to any commands nor will she eat, drink or potty. These episodes usually occur a couple times a week and may last up to 16l hours such as the one she is currently in. Most, however, last from 1-6 hours. The episodes end just as the began when she will stand up and then maybe jump up on couch with me, or get a drink or a bite to eat or maybe even retrieve a favorite toy. As is for the last 6 hours she had not been lieing on the floor bobbing her head. I’m at a loss here as I nor anyone I’ve asked has ever heard of this type behavior and I’m afraid that 1 day she won’t come out of it and will be lost. Any help or advice you can provide will be met with the utmost gratitude I assure you. Thank you for your consideration.
I have a 1 year old 56lb Golden Retriever lab mix, I have him on Frontline Plus as a preventative as well as Intercepter for heartworms. The Frontline Plus has been pretty effective as a preventive for fleas but he still gets a number of ticks on his coat. We will be out hiking in the woods for hours more frequently now with the weather getting nicer. I have heard that the Seresto Collar is really effective in repelling ticks which is my biggest concern with the area I live in. I was curious if it is possible to combine both the Frontline Plus along with the Seresto Collar (only if its safe), or if you would recommend one over the other.
Hi. My 9 year old golden retriever had back surgery for a herniated disc in his lower back almost one year ago. He was unable to use his back legs at all before surgery. Following the surgery he was able to get up and walk again. It was a very rough recovery because all the medicine he was on made him very sick to his stomach. We did get through 3 weeks of misery and were so happy to have our baby back. However he has continued to have bouts of rough times. He has walked with a limp since the surgery but also has had times where his back legs give out on him and accidents. We manage him on steroids when this happens and they are a miracle he will get better again. The problem is when he is on steroids for longer then a week he loses control of his bladder and his bowel movements. He once again is having a bout of his back legs giving out on him where he is falling over. I gave him a steroid tonight in hopes that a few days of steroids and rest will help him again. We spent over 8,000 and in no way could afford another surgery. Do you know of anything else we can do for him or any other medications we could try? We love him so much but he is a very large golden and weighs 120lbs which makes harder to handle. He is still so sweet and showing no signs that he is in pain. The steroids do work but I can not have my house ruined by the horrible accidents they cause. I will take any advice on this subject. Thank you so much!
I have a lab/golden retriever that has a licking problem. He will lick people but mostly when he lays down to relax or for bed he makes this mouth noise non stop. Is that normal;how do you stop it; is it something to be concerned about? It drives my boyfriend crazy. Thank you!
Our six month old golden retriever had a warble at seven weeks. It was removed and after a few weeks of issues- treatment for infection and severe itching the site was lumpy and hard but had improved to the point of just being itchy at times. The site is a couple inches behind his left front leg a inch or so above his first nipple. A couple weeks ago he was going in to be neutered and we opted to remove the hard cyst at the warble site while he was under anesthesia. He was released With trazodone to help keep him calm. He is quite rambunctious. Within a couple days the site developed a fluid collection about the size of a biscuit. I took him into see the vet and one of the partners drained it and placed a compression bandage. I saw the initial aspirate and it was serosanguineous. The dressing was good in theory but probably should’ve extended an inch or two towards his under arm to keep the swelling from popping out. A couple days later I took him back to the vet because the swelling would not stay under the dressing and was protruding out . They again drained it and I reinforced the dressing with coban but after about 48 hours the dressing was seeming to be uncomfortable and sure enough the swelling protruded the bandage. The swelling is now 1 1/2 to 2 times the initial size. It doesn’t seem to cause him pain. This swollen mass is looking pink but not sure if it’s topical irritation (dispite our efforts to keep a T-shirt on him he has got at it a couple times with his teeth and tongue) or if it’s initial signs of infection. I am waiting to hear back from the vet and I am torn as to what to do- insist they do something again or just wait it out and keep an eye on it. From what I’ve read, draining it is increasing the risk for infection and it’s likely the fluid will just return. My daughter works in a vets office and her docs recommended a drain but this is an extremely rambunctious six-month-old male puppy that we struggled to keep a compression dressing on (even with the addition of acepromazine after the first draining). I am doubtful that we could maintain a drain for any decent amount of time. Could someone give me their thoughts on the best plan of action for our little boy? I don’t want to be an alarmist who thinks something must be done just to satisfy my peace of mind but I also don’t want to make my puppy worse by inaction. Thanks in advance,
My 14 year old Golden Retriever has an egg size hanging mass below outside behind her left ear. I’m trying to find out how much it would cost to have it removed and if there is any financial help available? Thank you.