My cat died outside the house with blood in her mouth. And I touched and look …

My cat died outside the house with blood in her mouth. And I touched and look for any marks or injuries. There’s no mark she was hit by a car, or someone hit her. And she is not going to any other house. Please, someone, say it’s a natural cause. I was thinking about this whole day. I’m stressed because of this. I worried that someone did something to her. She lived with us for 13 years.

A few days ago she couldn’t eat and vomited time by time. So we took her to the vet, and they gave saline and a few injections. She was fine after that.
The only thing that happened is before she died, she sneezed continuously at night and morning when she is sleeping with me.

I can try to make up my mind if this is due to natural causes.

Browse Topics:
Subscribe
Notify of
30,337 Comment threads
453 Thread replies
Followers
 
Most reacted comment
Hottest comment thread
Comment authors
3 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Laura
Laura (@lauramiedzianowski)
1 year ago

First, and most importantly, I’m very sorry for your loss. It’s hard when we don’t know the cause of our pets’ death.

Unless you’re watching her at all times – literally 24 hours a day – or you keep her inside, where she should be, there’s no way to say she isn’t going away from your home.

That said…due to the blood from the mouth, I would wonder if this is the result of rat poisoning. Is there ANY chance of rat poison around your home?

Laura
Laura (@lauramiedzianowski)
1 year ago
Reply to  Pramod

Then I would look at the neighbors’ homes. Because unless she’s contained in a cage of some sort, she can and will get away from the house for a while. It happens with every outdoor cat.