I am very worried about the suggestion of giving instant tea to your pet. I have NEVER heard of this, and caffeine itself can be toxic to pets who are much more sensitive to this compound than humans are. The safest and most sensible thing for you to do is to get your pet to a vet ASAP instead of trying to guess what is wrong and treating what your “guess” is symptomatically with something recommended by a non-veterinarian. This is NOT a good idea. To the person who posted this answer I am very glad your pet was ok but I think it was likely IN SPITE OF giving tea. Thank goodness!
Hi Melissa, did Pet ER recommend that you go there to have vomiting induced because they are concerned about the size & shape of the bone? Just wondering because vomiting can be induced at home by giving hydrogen peroxide. However, I don’t know if inducing vomiting this way at home is contraindicated due to the fact that your dog ingested a chicken bone.