My sister’s giant schnauzer puppy may have eaten a whole prescription of amoxicillin. What should…

My sister’s giant schnauzer puppy may have eaten a whole prescription of amoxicillin. What should we do?

Browse Topics:
Subscribe
Notify of
30,106 Comment threads
358 Thread replies
Followers
 
Most reacted comment
Hottest comment thread
Comment authors
1 Comment
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Jana Rade
5 years ago

Do you know how long ago this might have happened? I’d call the vet or Pet Poison Helpline. The whole bottle could make him quite sick 855-764-7661“When antibiotics are ingested in toxic amounts, it can result in mild to severe signs ranging from gastrointestinal signs (e.g., drooling, vomiting, diarrhea, inappetance, discolored teeth), metabolic signs (e.g., skin lesions, liver failure, kidney failure, etc.) to central nervous system signs (e.g., tremors, seizures, death). One type of “antibiotic” called isoniazid is used for the treatment of tuberculosis in human medicine, and can be deadly when dogs and cats ingest them (resulting in severe… Read more »