Help! My goldendoodle ate a large amount of fudge. We didn’t realize she…

Help! My goldendoodle ate a large amount of fudge. We didn’t realize she had helped herself until hours had passed. I woke up due to her barking at the door. I saw that she threw up a large amount, has been drinking a lot of water and wanting to be outside. She does not seem nervous or hyper. The throwing up and water intake sounds like chocolate poisoning…Do we just continue to monitor her?

Subscribe
Notify of
30,117 Comment threads
364 Thread replies
Followers
 
Most reacted comment
Hottest comment thread
Comment authors
1 Comment
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Jana Rade
6 years ago

I would not settle for monitoring; this sounds like quite an amount of chocolate has been consumed. I’d seek veterinary help right away. Chocolate poisoning CAN be deadly. Please call first so they know you’re coming.

http://www.petmd.com/dog/chocolate-toxicity#.UqMlg-KJtWM
http://www.petmd.com/dog/conditions/digestive/c_multi_chocolate_toxicity#.UqMlkuKJtWM

http://dawgbusiness.blogspot.com