Thank you for help. After much discussion my husband and I have decided to take her to another vet for another opinion as our current vet says surgery is the only choice. Our vet prescribed her some pain medication and it has altered her bathroom routine. I decided to delay the medication and see if she would start using the restroom again, she did and appeared to not be in pain, but she may have been hiding it. My question is this, I just woke up (I am sleeping with her in another room to be close just in case) and she was opening and closing her mouth and sticking her tongue out, I went ahead and gave her a dose of medication so she wouldn’t be in pain but do you think I should continue to give her pain medication every 8 hours until we go to the vet Monday? Or wait and see as I have previously? I don’t want her to be in pain but she seems to be ‘zombie’ like on the medication and unhappy, maybe I am reading to much into her medicated behavior?
Diagnosis was stomatitis, current vet says several teeth must be removed surgically.