I contact you from Durban, South Africa, in desperation, as our 3 year old Basset Hound is in the angst of a progressive eczema, that we are failing to manage the past year.
In the interim, we have
– excluded parasitic infestations;
– adopted routines of wipe downs, oiling and various topical preparations;
– via food exclusion trials omitted commercial pet foods & other carbohydrates, and have him on a Venison only diet;
– attempted anti-histamines with no success; and
– administer Hydrocortisone 5mg twice per day.
His eczema is unrelenting, having become non seasonal, and is now being accompanied by a patch like distribution hair loss.
Unfortunately, out local veterinary service is unable to offer us more assistance, and we sincerely hope to know if there are further measures and / or medications our Fred may benefit from.
Nirvana & Vishal.