My dog drank old soil water should I be worried?

My dog drank old soil water should I be worried?

Browse Topics:
Subscribe
Notify of
30,116 Comment threads
363 Thread replies
Followers
 
Most reacted comment
Hottest comment thread
Comment authors
3 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Jana Rade
5 years ago

What do you mean by “soil water?” Puddles and other outdoor water sources CAN pose risks. The most dangerous are ponds or lakes that look green and might contain toxic algae. I generally try to make sure our dogs don’t get into any kind of water that is green. Outside water can contain parasites or leptospirosis. That said, not every time a dog drinks from a puddle, creek, pond or lake makes them sick. My dogs drink from puddles all the time and didn’t get sick from it [yet *knock on wood]. If a dog, after drinking any outdoor water… Read more »

B. Lakonpa
5 years ago

I honestly wouldn’t be worried, dogs are tough. Just keep an eye on him and make sure he’s eating and drinking normally. He’s most likely going to be perfectly fine, dogs can eat and drink some pretty gross things without getting sick!