I have read that seizures after head injury may occur at the time of the accident, but in most cases appear several weeks later as a result of scar tissue on the brain. I have also read that cat seizures are typically violent, but I haven’t seen anything about what a head injury seizure might look like.
Let me know if I need to drive into the vet, it’s about an hour away, so I don’t want to stress him out and take him if he’s just dreaming.
Here is a description of what I’m seeing:
– Two abrasions on both sides of head above eye, which vet already checked out
– One eye or both are partially open, sometimes both closed
– Eyes are moving around
– Mini facial and ear spasms
– Body is twitching (not violently), which lasts sometimes 15 seconds and sometimes just one twitch
– He’s done it around 5 times over the past 2 hours
– His ankles are flexing
– He’s had morphine
While awake, he seems alert but sad. He has walked fine, jumped on chair and table to his favorite spot. Purred a couple times, meowed a couple times, went to the bathroom fine, has not had anything to eat or drink.