I bought my easter lilly in the house n relized my cat has chewed the…

I bought my easter lilly in the house n relized my cat has chewed the little points of the leaves on three of the leafs when i relized this I found it can b poisones to him ** he really didnt eat that much but I wanna make sure he is ok !!** he is 2 and half years old and he weighs 12 pounds mayb a tade more !! Thank u for any help !!**

Subscribe
Notify of
30,117 Comment threads
364 Thread replies
Followers
 
Most reacted comment
Hottest comment thread
Comment authors
1 Comment
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Krista Magnifico
7 years ago

Hello Lisa, Thanks for your question, I’m sorry to hear that your holiday plant has become the interest of your curious cat. Easter Lilly’s are a very common plant given as gifts for the Passover and Easter holiday. Unfortunately they are very very toxic to cats. Here’s what the literature warns about lilys. Lilys are toxic to cats. They can cause some gi upset in dogs, but for cats even a few leaves can cause severe damage to the kidneys. Ingestion of any part of the lily is toxic. Even consuming less than one leaf can be fatal. Within 2… Read more »