I have a 2 yr old 10lb Shih Tzu. She just ate a small Recee’s…

I have a 2 yr old 10lb Shih Tzu. She just ate a small Recee’s Cup still wrapped in the foil. Should I be worried and is there anything I should/need to do? Thank you!

Browse Topics:
Subscribe
Notify of
30,116 Comment threads
364 Thread replies
Followers
 
Most reacted comment
Hottest comment thread
Comment authors
3 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Kristen Vance
5 years ago

Hello! One small Reese cup should not be enough to cause immediate concern. As the earlier post suggested the dark chocolate is the worst and the Reese’s isn’t even all chocolate. The foil is probably a small enough amount to pass through. Just monitor her and if anything seems amiss, call your vet 🙂

Diedra Cardamone
5 years ago

Hi Natalie, thanks for asking this question. Something similar to this happened to my dog and my vet said that in general the type of chocolate you have to really worry about us Bakers chocolate which is a dark chocolate. Small amounts of milk chocolate can cause vomiting and diarrhea. The foil generally passes through. If you have any vomiting or diarrhea you should see your vet. You can always call the pet poison hotline to learn how much chocolate is toxic.