Skip to toolbar
Question
Profile Image
Shelley DeVeau | 8 months ago
My Frenchie Has An Open PYO. The ER Said They Can Do The Emergency Surgery For 3,000…

My Frenchie has an open PYO. The ER said they can do the emergency surgery for 3,000-5,000 or they can give antibiotics and for me to call my vet tomorrow to see if they can do a spay. I really do not know what to do.

1 Response
Subscribe
Notify of
30,333 Comment threads
451 Thread replies
Followers
 
Most reacted comment
Hottest comment thread
Comment authors
1 Comment
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Krista Magnifico
8 months ago

Hello, Your dog should be spayed as soon as possible. Whether you do it there or wait to be seen at your vets is a matter of financial ability and the vets availability. The jarrettsville vet clinic staff is split into teams to try to remain socially distanced during covid. I am not working tomorrow and I am not sure we have enough staff or time available to do the surgery. If it is not possible to have it done at the ER call jvc in the morning and ask them to call me and we will figure out something.… Read more »

Question
Profile Image
Shelley DeVeau | 2 years ago
I Had Our Doberman To The Vet A Week Ago Thursday. We Are Not Sure…

I had our Doberman to the vet a week ago Thursday. We are not sure what is going on with her. She shakes, cries out, and paces all the time. The vet said maybe it is a pinched nerve and we could try pain meds first. I noticed today she is now dragging her two front paws and is still pacing. I don’t know if we should go to the ER?

5 Responses
Subscribe
Notify of
30,333 Comment threads
451 Thread replies
Followers
 
Most reacted comment
Hottest comment thread
Comment authors
5 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Krista Magnifico
2 years ago

Hello,
If your dog is eating and drinking and eliminating normally then it can probably wait until tomorrow. I would worry about wobblers. There is lots of info online about it. Please call the vet tomorrow to be seen ASAP. If your dog is panting or unable to rest then the Er is best. Please let us know what happens.

Krista Magnifico
2 years ago

Hello.
That’s about the cost of it. Where are you? I have lots and lots of info on my blog and YouTube channel on this disease. I with you the very best.

Laura
2 years ago

I agree with Dr. M – wobblers or a disc issue would be my immediate concerns.

Shelley DeVeau

Profile picture of Shelley DeVeau

@devo497

Active 8 months, 1 week ago Rank: Pawbly Caregiver